CityLab at UCLA is a science educational program run by UCLA undergraduate and graduate students to introduce high school students in the Los Angeles area to the rapidly developing world of biotechnology though hands on laboratory experience. At the same time, it provides a forum for UCLA students to serve as undergraduate CityLab Members, while learning effective teaching skills by instructing the high school students and executing lab exercises in a laboratory setting. The UCLA students may be registered for credit or serve as volunteers.
CityLab Presents: The Chemistry Jocks
UCLA CityLab Members create a music video about ELISA. Be sure to check out the CityLab YouTube Channel for new videos!
More information is available for high school teachers and students, and UCLA students:
- High School Teachers and High School Students
- Components of program that we offer high schools
- Benefits for High School classes
- Dates of sessions to be offered
- How to apply for High School participation
- Select subject of laboratory modules
- Resources to use in class before or after CityLab session
- UCLA Students
The CityLab at UCLA program is operated under the auspices of sponsor URC - CARE which is the UCLA Undergraduate Research Center (URC) of the Center for Academic and Research Excellence (CARE) at http://www.ugeducation.ucla.edu/urc-care/progcitylab.htm.